Thursday, August 30, 2007

Carolina Lily Quilt Progress

Yesterday I finished the quilting on the bed quilt for my granddaughter Lily's room. Although she is just a year old, there is a queen-sized bed in her room (for visiting grandparents!) Her other grandma saved me a yard of each fabric used in her nursery furnishings, and I made a bed topper using their fabric and others from my stash. The center medallion is North Carolina Lily, an obvious choice! The surrounding blocks are Yellow Brick Road pattern blocks, with a few leftover patchwork blocks thrown in. I did two feathers around the border. I am still going to try to scallop the border.

The quilting is all freehand, heavily influenced by designs in Nichole Webb's Garden Branching book. I added some butterflies and even wrote Lily's name in a few of the dark green blocks.













I also finished quilting two pillow tops made from leftover YBR blocks. I used the Flurry of Angels feather from Nichole Webb and Jamie Wallen's book No Boundaries (now out of print.) I am thinking of embellishing these pillows with a ruffled edge.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Really nice Jeanne!

Suzanne Earley said...

What a great gift for your granddaughter!

Welcome to the blog ring!

Anonymous said...

Its so pretty Jeanne. I finally got the wall hanging hung in her room. (did it myself) and it looks perfect. Cant wait to get it all together. Love you Lots.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very nice quilt - I love the quilting you did on it - so appropriate!

Mary Johnson said...

Love the feathers. Your granddaughters quilt is very cute too and quilting her name is a nice touch.