Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quilt Top Finished

Here is the patchwork top for my niece's baby's quilt. Here it is on kitchen floor, with the sun shining in through a filter of my big schefflera plant.
I decided to stick with soft pale shades except for the brown solid fabric and the floral in the center of a couple blocks.
The solid squares will offer nice "canvases" for quilting floral motifs. I am trying to decide on a thread color. Wouldn't something with variegated pink, lavender, sage green, and cream look pretty?
I will probably bind with the brown fabric.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those are nice soft colors - I can't wait to see your beautiful quilting in it!

Cathie said...

Pretty Jeanne. A nice balance of lighter and dramatic shades.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

That's going to be a nice compliment to the "starter" quilt. I'll be interested to see how you quilt it and with what thread.

It's not a quilt till it's quilted and you've got a great set up and good design ideas to make it very special.