Friday, January 20, 2017

A Joyful Noise...Finished!

Still working on projects from the UFO basket...and finished the binding on another little quilt last night!

A Joyful Noise, by Jeanne Turner McBrayer, 2017
 This one has been "cooking" for quite some time.  It of course is made of scrap fabrics, mostly from baby quilts that I have made.  I followed directions from the blog Del Quilts, who learned this technique at a workshop with Rachel Maus called "It Doesn't Matter."  Basically, you sew lots of scraps and strips together, cut them into triangles, sew together into squares, and then arrange your squares in a pleasing manner.

Here is a detail of the quilting, which is my favorite free-motion meander with flowers, leaves, and feathers.

A Joyful Noise detail

The backing fabric is a very happy print of cherries and cherry blossoms.  In fact, everything about this little quilt makes me happy.  I borrowed from Psalm 100 for the title, A Joyful Noise.
A Joyful Noise label and cherry backing fabric
I am not sure where this little guy will end up, but I think it will be a table topper.

No comments: