Monday, February 10, 2014

Lots to Catch Up On

Another week has flown by.  The Anything Art Quilt Bee met last week.

First was the reveal of our Five Funky Flowers group quilt! This picture is not good because it was on the wall at an awkward angle.

Five members of the bee each made one or more red/purple flowers, and then we divided each into four quarters and divided them back up.  After deciding how to construct our new flower from the four sections, we each added stems, leaves, quilting, and other embellishments.  We each bound our own section, and Roberta whip-stitched the five sections together.  My flower is the one in the center with the dark stem and leaves.  The quilt will be shown at the next guild quilt show in March.

Roberta Morgan showed off some of her tissue-bleed fabric projects.  That was our project last month, wherein we used wet colored tissue paper to tint commercial fabric.

This one is a landscape with amazingly strong color tones.  It reminds me of a watercolor painting.

She got some great colors on this one, too.

I finished my fabric-colored journal in time for the meeting.  The cover is quilted to a piece of Timtex interfacing, then fused to a piece of snow-dyed fabric that I made years ago.

I stamped the inside covers with botanical stamps and green ink.

I used three or four different kinds of paper to make three signatures, or sections of paper, bound into the book.  Each signature has a cover made of watercolor paper.

In keeping with the garden theme, I stamped many of the blank pages with green ink.

I recently made a whole collection of collaged tags, and added one to the journal.

Some of the signature covers are made from my grandchildren's artwork.  I have been letting them use a set of my father's watercolors when they visit.  I remember using the same set as a child.  It makes me happy to see them painting and carrying on the legacy.

I also finished my other tissue-bleed fabric project.  Here are my three little posies, now embellished with some quilting and hot-fix crystals.  I used a silk sari ribbon with silver threads to finish the edges.

I will have some more about our bee meeting and also another project I have almost finished next time.

No comments: