Sunday, November 17, 2013

Red and White Blocks

I am still having trouble uploading pics from my phone to Blogger, so I will try using some photos from my IPad.

You may remember that my quilt bee in Wake Forest, the Whacky ladies, made me some gorgeous red and white quilt blocks when I moved recently.  I have been buying some red fabrics, and made three new blocks this weekend.

The first is Pine Trees, which I thought would be perfect for our mountain house in the mountains of North Carolina.





next Is Log Cabin, an obvious choice.



Finally, I spent many hours making Grandmother's Favorite.  Guess what?  It's not!


Here are the three new ones together.



And here are mine along with the ones made by my friends.




I don't know how I will set them yet,  but I know I will need to make more for a king-sized quilt.

It's nice to be sewing again!


2 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love the reds, perfect for your cabin :)

Karen L. said...

What beautiful blocks! I was never a red fan but as I have gotten older, I am being drawn to it more and more. Maybe it's the cheeriness of it that attracts me. Hmmmm, maybe you could turn those blocks on point to make a larger quilt? No matter how you finish it, it is going to be stunning!