Saturday, February 23, 2013

Auditioning a Quilt Top

I am sure that you quilters are familiar with "auditioning" fabrics for a quilt.  You know, trying different fabrics for borders, sashing, or binding? 

I finished sewing together all the square-in-a-square blocks for my granddaughter's baby quilt.  Since we went out there for a visit on Friday, I took the sewn-together squares and "auditioned" them...with the baby!

 
Well, I think she liked them...and coordinated well with them!
 
Here is the quilt in the crib.  I like!
 
 
And it looks good with the mermaid family painting on the wall.
 
 
 
Now I am motivated to add the borders and get it quilted.
 
I went out last week to help Maureen, my Gammill's "foster mother," get a quilt loaded and quilted.  She was doing great...a natural!  I may have to ask for a day when I can go out there and quilt little Charlotte's quilt.
 

No comments: