Monday, February 4, 2013

Anything Art Bee-February Meeting

We got back from a trip to visit family in Spartanburg, South Carolina yesterday in time to watch the Ravens light up the scoreboard during the first half, then watch all the lights go out completely!  Congratulations to the Baltimore Ravens for the very close Super Bowl win.

Today was my turn to host the Anything Art quilt bee.  Everyone was there in spite it being held the morning after the big Sunday night football game. 

Several of us got back our finished fabrics from the Surface Embellishment Round Robin.  Here is Roberta with hers.  Peg used a pleater on the top section for that very cool striped effect.

 
Toni got back her piece, newly embellished with sparkly rhinestones and beads.  This one still makes me happy every time I see it.
 
 
And here is mine!  Da- dah!
 
 
I was so thankful for the journal that I made and sent around with my project.  I could then tell who did what, and how they did it!
 
 
It has been dyed with taupe dye after being folded accordion-style, put through a pleating machine and colored with paint and Shiva Paint Stiks, sprayed with Adirondack color wash after being sewed up with pleating threads, and stenciled with fabric markers.
 
And I love my journal, too!
 
 
Marion showed us a very cool hassock or "tuffet" that she made by paper-piecing.
 
 
And I loved the collaged art quilt that Peg was working on.
 
 
I showed off my two newest framed paintings.
 
 
 
We watched part of a Quilting Arts DVD called Layer By Layer, with Beryl Taylor.  She used very interesting methods to make mixed media pieces with stenciling, molding paste, free-motion embroidery, beading, and other lovely embellishments.
 
 
Some of us decided to do an "inchie" swap, possibly using some of Beryl's methods.  It will be fun to see what comes of this new exchange.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: