Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pretty Contemporary Quilt

Just finished a very simple but lovely quilt for my new customer, Sara.  She had accumulated many modern fabrics in shades of yellow, green, and blue.  She took inspiration from some quilts from The Pottery Barn that were simple squares sewn randomly together.  I would call her colors analogous, as they are next to each other on the color wheel.  Aren't they refreshing!


I quilted in lots of leaves, flowers, and swirls.  The pale yellow thread blended so well that the quiting does not show very much.



I really love some of the fabrics in this quilt.







Charlie and I stayed home this weekend to tackle some more of the projects that must get done before we put our Wake Forest house on the market.  The hubs has gotten the worst of it, as he has been under the house cleaning out all the storage areas, as well as the garage. 

I have mostly been yanking weeds and putting down mulch around the garden beds.  Very exhausting, but it is starting to look very nice.  I have ordered all new windows to replace those in my kitchen dining nook.  I could never pop those windows out to clean them.  The new ones will be a big improvement, and I wish I could replace all the ones in the house!  They are not as expensive as I feared.

Need to go buy more mulch and yank a few more weeds.  I hope you are enjoying your weekend!






No comments: