Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birthday Celebration


This was my husband, Charlie, sixty-one years ago. No, he is not old enough to be in a museum.
I am fortunate to have loved and been loved by him for two-thirds of his life.


Here is a collage that I made him for his birthday tomorrow. Lots of things that represent the mountains that we love.



I am still pretty new at mixed media, but this was really fun to put together. I used a 9" x 12" canvas panel. There was exactly one frame in that size at Michael's, sort of a narrow shadowbox deal. I had to shave off some of the sides to get it to fit in the frame.

Tonight, Quilt Royalty is coming to the Capital Quilters' Guild. Sharon Schamber will be our guest speaker. I took a class from Sharon at MQX in 2007. She was very generous in allowing us to touch and photograph her quilts up close. Even the one that later won the $100,000 quilt contest.

I should be staying home tonight to pack, but I'm going to guild. Tomorrow morning, we leave for the beach for several days with friends and family. It is supposed to be in the seventies. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is going to love the collage....mixed media is so fun, I am glad to see you playing with it!!!

Judy Alexander said...

Great collage. I'm sure your husband will appreciate your special effort.