Monday, January 12, 2009

Heart's Delight

Today I put everything else on the back burner, as I realized it was time to send in my entry to the SAFEchild Heart Gala auction. The quilt was finished, but I realized I had not added the hanging sleeve or label yet.

Heart's Delight, 2008

12.5" x 12.5"

Wholecloth sheer top quilt, trapuntoed, shadow trapuntoed, quilted and tinted with Neocolor II water-soluble wax crayons. Swarovski crystal embellishment.


SAFEchild works with parents, families and caregivers to create nurturing environments for children, free from abuse and neglect. With the ultimate vision of eliminating child abuse in Wake County, SAFEchild delivers support and education to families by helping them break negative parenting patterns, improve communication and relationship skills, and take advantage of community resources.

A cause dear to my own heart.

3 comments:

Dave said...

At first glance, the title made me think of my favorite ice cream parlor from childhood - Heart's Delight! (right next to Doggie Diner, of course!)

Stephanie D said...

Oh, that one's gorgeous! I really like it!

Unknown said...

This is a lovely quilt! Beautiful! Every stitch and embellishment is so artfully place! Thanks for sharing the photo! :)