Now, I have been intending to try paper-making for some time now. In fact, when the grand-babies were here last week, they showed how to make it on Sesame Street. Looked messy but fun!
So on my morning walk, I came back armed with a grocery bag full of leaves, petals, and berries. Wouldn't these look grand with my new specialty paper?
But, they were not dried yet, so I started laying some out on paper towels, and drying them in the microwave with a plate over them to keep the leaves from curling. Here are some marigold and pansy petals before "nuking".
And after. Whoa! Shrinkage!
I used to dry and press flowers and herbs all the time. I had them dried and hanging in bunches all over the house. Once a friend asked DH why I had all these dried weeds hanging in my kitchen. I overheard him reply, "She's a witch!"
Anyway, after making a grand mess, sloshing stuff through my blender and sopping the frame and screen with pulp, I had this wet mess to show.
Then I dried it with the iron between sheets of muslin. This took some time. And look at the results.
After a morning's work, only four and a half sheets of this gray, cardboard-feeling stuff that looks like I used it wipe up the leftover sweepings from the kitchen floor!
Enough fun for one day!