Thursday, November 20, 2008

Busy Day

Today is a busy one- 10:00 job interview, then shopping for Christmas, then eye appointment. Back home long enough to gather my show-and-tell for a Capital Quilters Guild meeting. I am meeting three members of my bee for dinner,
then we will be off to the guild meeting to hear speaker Mary Stori. Tonight was supposed to be delightful speaker and Alzheimer's art quilt fundraiser Ami Simms. Unfortunately, Ami's mother appears to be in crisis stage with this terrible disease. Our hearts go out to Ami and her family. I took a workshop on hand quilting with Ami when I first began quilting back in the eighties. I think I laughed so hard that I never quite mastered her perfect stitches.


Anyway, we are delighted that Ami arranged for Mary to take her place tonight. Mary has relocated to the mountains of North Carolina, the Asheville area I think, and her lecture should be a treat. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Stephanie D said...

I've never taken a class or been to a meeting with Ami, but Mary came to our guild last year and her embellishment work is fantastic!

This should be right up your alley!