Friday, April 20, 2007

MQX Purchases


When I was at the Machine Quilters Expo, I did not purchase anything except food and drink until my last day. I had a half day available with no classes, and really enjoyed browsing the vendor mall. Check out the fabulous fused glass buttons I purchased from Penny Finch of We Got the Buttons! I plan to use some of them to replace the mundane buttons on a couple of my jackets. The fibers will likely go into the next shawl for daughter-in-law Emily. I found yummy silks and other lovelies. Superior Threads got a little of my $$$ as I purchased some large spools of So Fine and some more Super Bobs of Bottom Line Thread. I only purchased one piece of fabric, a very colorful FQ print. I found a treat to give to members of my bee, but won't post that photo until they have received them!

Back to the round robin project: Look what Michelle sent me yesterday!

Her quilt was the one with the peacock theme, and she included a real peacock feather on the thank-you post card she created! It is so pretty. The first fabric post card I have received! She enclosed the feather in tulle and added iridescent beads. Beautiful!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Hi Jeanne - it's Cathie Recca (from the guild and bee!) You sure have been a busy girl. I love the glass fused buttons - how lovely and I can even picture them on a denim blazer or jacket. Did you go to the Mid Atlantic Quilt Show? I wish they would have had vendors like these. Your fiber purchase is awesome too!!
Cathie

Anonymous said...

Oooh! You got some of Penny's buttons! Wasn't it hard to decide? I bought some of her jewelry. Aside from being a great artist she is also a lovely person. I've never met her but really enjoyed talking to her at the show.