Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Finishing Up a Visual Journal

I have been trying to put the finishing touches on a 9" x 12" visual journal that I started last year.  It is a Strathmore Visual Journal for Mixed Media

I used some of the printed/painted papers from the Traci Bautista Strathmore Artist's Workshop to make the front and back covers and inside covers.




Front Cover


Inside Cover and Title Page


This spread had remained half done until today when I added a lot more collage elements to make a "Spring Fever" spread.  There are more of my printed/painted/stamped papers at top. Hopefully the photo will enlarge if you click on it.



This one features a print of one of my watercolor figure paintings on the lower left and a silly painting doodle on the right.


This one is a hot mess.  Had too much stuff going on in the background, so I added some white elements (dogs and clock) and large text on vellum.  Still not crazy about it, but it looks better in real life!


I've been adding finishing touches to a few other pages.  Forgot to take pictures of the back cover and inside pages.  Next time!

No comments: