Thursday, July 16, 2015

Baby Quilts

Hello out there!  I'm still here.  I actually did some long-arm quilting recently!

First up is a baby quilt that a friend asked me to quilt for her.  It is what is known as a "cheater panel" because the top is actually just printed with the quilting design.

I love the colors and the Noah's Ark theme.



I decided to use swirls and curls free-motion quilting.  I try to find something in the quilt top to echo in the quilting.  In this case, both the sheep and the clouds had the curly design.






Love these little cuddly animals!



The backing is a pastel stripe.



Next is a baby quilt for our mountain neighbor's new grandson.  His father is the one for whom I recently repaired the binding on his high school graduation quilt.  The baby's nursery decor is puppies  with lots of light blue and tan.   I had the perfect top...which I did not even have to sew!  I purchased it online a couple of years ago.

This one is not a cheater cloth.  The top is actually pieced from Minkee, flannel, cotton, and some sort of soft fleece for the puppies.  But it came already assembled.  Woo hoo!


The puppies are adorable.







This quilt is so soft and cuddly!  I just did some loopy free-motion quilting since the border print had big dots.  The back is blue Minkee, and I chose not to use any batting so it would be super soft.



We have been gone so much in the past month.  We spent ten days in the mountains over the Fourth of July.

 We took the grandkids up Grandfather Mountain, about an hour's drive from our cabin.  It is famous for the mile-high swinging bridge.  Here are my hubby and I just after crossing the bridge.  It was so gusty and cold up there that I had to stop at the gift shop and buy myself a warm hooded sweatshirt.  My husband Nanook, on the other hand, was perfectly comfortable.



We all had a great time at this fun family attraction.

The next weekend we went back to the cabin, this time babysitting for our youngest grand baby.  Her parents were at a destination wedding in Mexico.  We had such a good time with little Charlie!







I have lots more to show you and will try to be more faithful about blogging.  It was kind of hard while playing with the grandkids non-stop for a couple of weeks!

No comments: