Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Fair 2014

I had a very enjoyable day on Friday, visiting the Ashe County Piecemakers' Quilt Fair in Jefferson Station, not far from our mountain cabin.

I have posted previously about the murals painted on buildings in West Jefferson, NC.  The train station images are painted on the wall, and the quilts are hanging from a clothesline in front of the side entrance to the building.


I headed immediately for the Guild boutique, and bought this wonderful doll bed, doll, and quilt for my grand baby for Christmas.


I am not going to attempt to document all the quilts in the show, but will show you some that I particularly admired.




A very pretty Trip Around the World had some embroidered seashells in the center block.



This lovely log cabin star quilt in jewel colors is framed nicely by the Drunkard's Path border.






One of my favorite blocks is Delectable Mountains, here done in rose and green.




There was a very pretty Lone Star quilt in soft shades of purple and aqua.



And another beauty in purple and green.



I have always liked blue and white quilts.  This sampler quilt has a pretty floral border which softens the geometric sashings and squares.  The quilting in the alternate blocks is lovely.



This brightly colored quilt with a yellow patchwork background caught my eye.  The colors were very pleasing.





The next quilt was made from the Block of the Month patterns by Sue Garman for The Quilt Show.




I will have many more photos to show you in future posts.  I also finished quilting a beautiful sampler quilt by my friend Carolyn Ormond.  Still need to tie off about a hundred thread tails from all my starts and stops.  Here is one block. I did "McTavishing" meander around the butterfly.  


No comments: