Sunday, September 7, 2014

Trip Around the World

This weekend I finished quilting a queen-sized Trip Around the World quilt.



Because the quilt top is so linear and features squares, I went with lots of curvy quilting, and some floral shapes to complement the fabrics in the quilt top.



It is only partially quilted in these photos, but is now off the machine and trimmed.  I will do the binding on it as soon as I can, and return it to the daughter of the late quilter, Anne Vernon.  For this quilt's story, please see this previous post.  It only took me four years to get this done!  I feel bad about that, but I know that Anne's family will treasure this beautiful quilt.  The colors really glow.  I am going to get someone to help me hold it up for a picture of the full quilt.

No comments: