Wednesday, May 8, 2013

An Heirloom-Quality Quilt

The Whacky Ladies Quilt Bee met at Carolyn Ormond's house on Thursday night, and I finally got to see her red and white sampler quilt on her bed.


It was quilted by Donna Sontag of our bee.  Her business is Whatever's Quilted, here in Wake Forest, NC.

I just can't say how much I love this quilt!  It was a Block-of-the-Month pattern by Swirly Girls, offered through Wish Upon a Quilt in Raleigh.

Carolyn has also finished another Block-of-the-Month top, this time in gold, batiks, and blacks.  Another stunner.  Notice the quilt model who appears to be claiming this one!


 
We stayed home last weekend, and enjoyed having our son Dave, wife Emily, and little girl Charlie over for a fondue dinner on Sunday.  Love seeing my two Charlies together!
 
 
We have been having an exceptionally cold spring.  Yesterday it was cold and rainy all day.  Then in late afternoon, the sun came out, but it thundered and rained even harder.

 
It is strange to see sunshine and rain at the same time!  But the sunshine was very welcome.
 
 
And today I am babysitting again for my sweet, happy little girl.  I could just devour her, she is so cute!


No comments: