Thursday, December 27, 2012

Two New Framed Watercolors

I gave my husband, Charlie, two of my framed watercolor paintings for Christmas.

The first one reminds me of the New River in Ashe County, North Carolina.  We have gone "tubing" down that scenic river many times.

Mountain Creek, by Jeanne T. McBrayer, 2012

 
 
It was begun in a class with Tom Jones at Raleigh's Art of the Carolinas.  The object was to achieve the look of the sun splashing through the trees and reflecting on the water.
 
 
 
The other one was also begun in a Tom Jones class.  It represents a cabin in Yellowstone National Park.  The object was to represent the mist over in the mountains.
 
 

Mist in Yellowstone, by Jeanne T. McBrayer, 2012

 
We have never been to Yellowstone, but hope to travel there some day.
 
These two paintings have the same frame size and style, although the mats are different.  I think Charlie plans to hang them both in his office at work.

No comments: