Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Buzzing Around

Here is a super-cute wall-hanging made by my customer, Martha. 


The fabrics all coordinate with lots of little oval bees making loop-de-loops across the fabrics.  So that was an easy choice for the overall quilting.


When I got to the four corner bees, I added some fancy wings.



The bold center text and dark accents make this a graphically pleasing piece.



I am excited that it is almost time again for Merlefest, a four-day music festival in Wilkesboro, North Carolina.  It is about a 45-minute drive from our mountain cabin.  This year's musicians will include Allison Krauss, Vince Gill, Bela Fleck, and of course, the venerable Doc Watson.  Doc is getting up there in age, and we are thankful that he is still able to perform.  Hope he wears his woolies if it stays as cold as it has been the past few days!  I think we are on a warming trend, but I plan to bring everything from flip-flops to parka!


1 comment:

Quilter422 said...

would love to see allison krauss someday! beautiful quilt!