Friday, February 3, 2012

Really Cute Baby Quilt

Here is a customer quilt that I love so much that I might have to make one like it.  (Please excuse the glare from sunlight.)



The owls are adorable, with googly eyes made of French knots.   There is a patchwork inner border of quarter-square triangles in bright colors


                      


The center medallion has four trees in bright yellow-green shades.





The backing is a bright polka dot.  I used Pear Green Signature thread and made lots of leaves for the trees and owls.



The quilt was made by Jessie Oakley from a commercial pattern called Hooterville from Brandywine Design.  The designer is Linda Hohag.

I am still behind on my baby quilts, and getting more so all the time.  Here is my newest great-niece, Holly.  Holding her is her "big" sister, Lacy.



I can't wait to get my hands on her!  Congratulations to Jason, Robin, Anna, Tyler, and Lacy on the newest addition to the family!

1 comment:

sharon said...

Congratulations on your newest edition to the family. I found your blog as I was looking for unique quilts for babies. Great job on this quilt.

Come and visit my blog:
http://blog.uniquebabyquiltboutique.com/
Sharon