Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baby Quilt and Artsy quilt


Yesterday I fired up my Gammill Longarm machine for the first time since January. Yikes! The first project was the long-abandoned baby quilt for my niece Rachel's baby. He was born in March. It is all flannel, Minkee, and combed cotton. Super soft! I decided to just use some of the cloud, sun, kite, and other motifs from the cute border fabric, and freehand the whole thing.






Pleased that everything worked great after the months of inactivity, I decided to do some freehand quilting on an interesting piece of oriental fabric, about the size of a fat quarter. I am thinking of adding fabric paint, beading, and/or other embellishment.

Heading out today with my friend Jean to prepare some quilt kids for one of our guild charities, Quilts on Wheels. The fabric is stored in a place called The Flower Cottage. It is on the campus of the state mental institution in Raleigh, which is actually one of the most lovely, tree-lined, grassy real estate in our capital city. Not sure how the guild got hooked up with them, but I have heard it is very nice. I'll take my camera!

2 comments:

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

glad you are back to quilting. Sometimes we need a break. I always come back to quilting.

Vicki W said...

I can't believe that it's been that long! You didn't lose anything though, the quilting is adorable.