Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday Work-in-Progress: Zen Garden

Remember the oriental fabric that I had fun quilting on my long-arm on Monday? Here it is after quilting with light blue Signature cotton thread. I outlined some of the gold shapes in the fabric, and just had fun making feathers, flowers and vines in other areas.


Today we are having more of the gorgeous sunny, breezy, low-humidity weather that is so rare in the South in July. I decided to embellish the piece with Shiva paint sticks to bring out the gold of the fabric and some of the quilted motifs.

I am very happy with the way this piece is coming along. When the paint dries, which is not taking long in this weather, I will probably add some Tsukineko inks to some of the smaller detailed areas, and possibly even some gold pen. Then, some beads for more highlighting and shine.
Tomorrow my quilt bee is having a sew-in day at our local quilt shop, Quilts Like Crazy in Wake Forest. One of our bee members works there as their long-arm quilter. The store is going to provide lunch and drinks for us. We are going to be working on more charity quilts for the guild.
After that, Charlie and I are heading to the mountains again, where this time we will have our oldest son and two grandkids to keep us company.

4 comments:

Ann said...

oh.... so pretty!!

Cathie said...

I agree with Ann - sooooooo pretty. Love the gold, love the quilting. What's to become of this?

Sounds like you are really enjoying your summer to the fullest extent. Enjoy the mountains!

Michelle said...

This is beautiful! You've been busy!! I've been away for two weeks ... lots of catching up to do!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

What a gorgeous work in progress. I hope I can someday do half as good at the quilting as you do.