Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cyberbee Saturday

Since we opted not to go to the North Carolina mountains and watch it rain all weekend, I was able to attend the All Day Sew-In meeting of my quilting group, the CyberBee. What a great way to beat the Rainy Day Blues. Fun, food, friends...and you would not believe the great projects from this group.

I did not go until lunchtime since I wanted to sew the binding on my Mountain Sunset quilt. I got that done, and then made Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries from the South Beach diet book to bring along.

The best part is show-and-tell. Here are some of the pictures I took at the meeting.
Look at this eye-popping Hawaiian applique! Amy says she grew up in Hawaii, but had to move to North Carolina before she learned how to do this. She says the pattern is Nancy Chong's Woodland Lei.


Donna made a delightful Cat in the Hat quilt with her Kindergarten class to honor Dr. Seuss's birthday. The children used fabric markers.

Ann is a talented longarm quilter who used a pattern on her Statler Stitcher to make this one-piece quilted pillow.

Tess made a feathered star medallion quilt. These are Civil War reproduction fabrics.

Carolyn had a scrappy star quilt, always one of my favorites.



DJ finished a large batik stack'n'slash quilt, and also a lovely baby quilt in soft colors by Moda. There are lace motifs like doilies over some of the patches.

For all you Dear Jane fans, here is a fabulous, large quilt by Holly Sweet.
She even added design work to the triangles in the border. What a labor of love!
Holly is also one of the designated piecers for a well-known applique quilter and author. She brought us the exquisite blocks she is piecing into a Baltimore Album style quilt made by students of the author's applique classes. I will share this beautiful project after the book comes out.
You have seen this one before on my blog, but here is Jean showing the progress on her hand-quilted Chocolate Bunnies quilt.


Several of the ladies are exchanging Big Blocks in a swap. I always regret not participating when I see the gorgeous swap results.

Jenny's appliqued flower blocks:

A cotton boll block made by Margaret:

Jean made this appliqued Big Block for Margaret in Aunt Gracie fabrics

And here are Margaret's other completed blocks.

I showed my embellished projects, which have all been posted here before. A great way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon!

1 comment:

Cathie said...

wOW Jeanne - talk about eye candy! These are wonderful. I love Holly's DJ quilt -oh my gosh the amount of work that went in to that. I'm still working on mine - I've done all of the easy blocks!!
I tried to click for detail, but none of these pictures are clickable for some reason. I wanted to see the quilting on the pillow.
Have a good week.