Monday, April 14, 2008

Sewing Machine Cabinet

Look at the lovely gift I have "inherited" from my daughter-in-law's mom! She recently downsized to a townhome, and I was gifted this terrific old treadle machine cabinet. I love the patina of the wood and the elaborate scrollwork of the iron. I am thinking of putting my regular sewing machine in there, but I would probably be hitting my foot on the treadle all the time. It might just have to be a nice, well-loved side table. Thank you, Mama Watkins! I love this table!

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Treadles do make very good bedside tables.
You might want to check out the http://www.treadleon.net
site.
Your machine is lovely.
Don't put your regular machine in it! One day you might want to try sewing on it after you have received some advice from the treadleon people. They are easy to sew on. Keep it around for the days when the electricy goes off.

Cathie said...

Oh man Jeanne - this is gorgeous. You are a lucky lucky girl!!

Lynn Majidimehr said...

If I inherited a cabinet this nice, I'd be watching for the right treadle machine to put in it. Not only for those days when the power is out, but also for those days that I want to work, but don't want to listen to the machine.