Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Delectable Mountains- on a quilt, that is

Here is the quilt I finished today for my friend Jean. What a lovely gift for a cousin's child who has graduated from West Virginia University. Of course, being all blue and white, it puts me in mind of the University of North Carolina Tar Heels, who are once again in the Final Four of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Yes, big doings here in the heart of North Carolina, where I live about thirty minutes from UNC, NC State, and Duke University. Now, do not think that I am a Carolina fan--oh, no! But when they get in the Final Four, I have more interest in them winning than, say, Kansas or UCLA. My hopes were really on Davidson, a college near Charlotte, NC. They unfortunately lost last Sunday. Anyway, I loved doing this quilt. I put in lots of leaves a la Suzanne Earley Forest Floor from her Meander Magic book.

My very expensive Savage photography stand is currently not working, as one of the telescoping poles keeps sliding down. Maybe DH can rig up something to help. So, these were taken while the quilt was either still mounted, or just draped over the machine.


So, ever since Saturday, the first day of Spring break, it has been raining. This is most ironic, since we have had a drougnt and almost no rain for the past two years. This afternoon the sun came out for a few minutes, but I was finishing this quilt and missed it. Now it's raining hard again. Well, we need it!

2 comments:

dot said...

A beautiful quilt indeed.

Patterson said...

Hi! Thanks for the great information you have provided! You have touched on crucuial points!