Friday, December 7, 2007

Watch Nichole Quilt

I am working on a project on my long-arm quilting machine and simultaneously writing a tutorial about it. But...very hush-hush, since the project is for a gift! I can't wait to see how it turns out- it's one of those creations that surprises even its maker! Please stay tuned...



Many of you know that I really admire the quilting of Nichole Webb. I took a class with her last December when she traveled to Henderson, NC. She was cute, fun, and amazingly talented. I have almost all of her books and have used her designs many times, especially the freehand flowers and "garden branching." Nichole has recently moved to Arizona from Seattle, and has redone her website. Apparently I was lucky to take her class last year, because I don't think she is doing traveling classes any more. I love looking at photos of her work, and also love to gaze at videos of her quilting on her longarm. An artist with a sewing machine! She is the one who inspired me to use paint on my quilted designs. So, I looked forward eagerly to her first podcast on December 6. Maybe a lot of other people had the same desire, because it took me four tries over several days to connect to the podcast. To my disappointment, it was only an audio podcast. I understand that now people are downloading podcasts to their ipods and listening to them while they do other things. But for just sitting at the computer and watching the white screen while listening, it is a step backwards. And it was kind of long. And it is meant to be "personal coaching," to encourage one to overcome fears and accomplish goals. I really admire Nichole for putting herself out there, revealing her personal struggles. She shares her philosophies and how to plan for success. I, for one, would rather watch her quilt. But I'll keep listening...

No comments: