Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Christmas Quilts

Here are a few more Christmas quilts.
The first one is made from blocks received in two separate block exchanges: Santas and Snowmen. It took awhile to figure out how to set all these dissimilar-sized blocks.
The next one is the one-and-only quilt that someone else has made for me! My dear sister-in-law Lee made this wall-hanging from a magazine. I taught her how to do the applique stitch while she was making it. I never dreamed she would give it to me! I love her fabric choices, which look like Hoffmans.









The big one is a scrappy quilt I made to use up my stash of Christmas fabrics. The block was from my guild's block party one year. I made the block but did not make it to the meeting. This thing just kept growing! I keep it on the bed on our third floor bedroom (the one that is becoming my paint studio!) year-round. It is very warm, with a Thimbleberries flannel on the back.

The label is from a book I frequently use. I use Pigma Micron pens, felt-tip fabric markers, Tsukineko inks, whatever to color them.



No comments: