Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quilting in the Piedmont Quilt Show

As I mentioned yesterday, my DSH graciously agreed to a short stop in Greensboro, NC, for the Piedmont Quilters Guild Show. Picture this- we are headed to the mountains with our dog in our SUV with a ten-foot trailer hauling our John Deere Gator. The quilt show is in the Marriott in downtown Greensboro and it is pouring down rain as we pull into town. Good old Charlie lets me out, goes out to get box lunches at the Bear Rock Cafe, and finds a place to park downtown while I make a mad dash through the show. I did get to meet a few of the Piedmont Quilters, get a close look at Kaffe Fassett, speak to a few of the vendors that I recognized, and take lots of photographs.

One of the features of the show was an exhibit of Round Robin quilts from the Pinehurst Quilt Guild. Unlike my own recent round robin exchange, these quilts all turned out to be about the same size. Some of them were quite stunning. There seems to have been a machine embroiderer in the group. I had a little trouble photographing some of the quilts since there was not much space in the aisle to back up. But, here are the RR's, and I believe I have identified them correctly.







First place-The Cat's Meow, owned by Frances Yoder




Beautiful applique!





Second place- Memories of Williamsburg, owned by Rosemary Hansult




















Third place-Joy to the World-oned by Joann Hanley








Honorable Mention-The Mystique of the Casbah-owned by Mary Casey








Rosemary's Rose Garden-owned by Rosemary Hansult









North Carolina Rose-owned by Joanne Lentz


Round Robin-owned by Dottie Smith

















An Oriental Surprise-owned by Mary Casey



Mariner Lost-owned by Suzanne Sullivan










Celtic Square-owned by Suzanne Sullivan








Spring Gathering-owned by Pat Scheidler-Kern

No comments: