Monday, October 8, 2007

Garden Party

Well, we did it! Got through our big outdoor party on Saturday afternoon. Although it has only rained about four times this year, it rained all day Friday and on Saturday morning. It stopped by the afternoon, but not in time for me to hang out the quilts. I only had the little pumpkin quilt hanging off the back deck rails. Charlie's assistant and her husband brought me the most beautiful orange and yellow roses. I love them!
Here is a little garden flag I made. A few years ago I won a drawing for some leaf blocks and never could quite make them into a quilt, so I used two of them to make the front and back of this little quilt. I just quilted it free motion on my Bernina, and added some Swarovski crystals. The oak leaf was made by my friend Holly Sweet.
Here is the other side of the flag. I'm not sure, but I think Margaret Slade made this unusual leaf. Editor's note: It was made by fellow Cyberbee member Tama Brooks! Thanks, Tama! It has a few red crystals that catch the sun perfectly. Don't you love the hand-dyed orange and yellow fabric? I had some in my stash that matched the leaf almost perfectly.

No comments: