I immediately began to ponder the implications for quilting using this process. I knew that the rice paper would shred if you stitched it without some sort of stabilizer.
I wondered if you could replicate the process on various fabrics.
Time to experiment!
I also took one flower from Kathie's Sunflowers kit that I purchased, and used the regular process of wax and watercolor on Ginwashi.
Then I did some outline stitching with black thread on just the Ginwashi with interfacing. Great results- no tearing!
Then I made a quilt sandwich and heavily quilted the whole piece. Again, great results!
Next, I stabilized the Ginwashi fish with the same interfacing, and quilted it. No problem!