Monday, September 22, 2014

Ashe County Piecemakers' Quilt Fair Part 2

Continuing my report on the Quilt Fair in West Jefferson, NC, last weekend.  First up:  a beautiful original quilt depicting North Carolina scenes and symbols.


 Our state flower is the dogwood, and there is an appliqué dogwood wreath surrounding the center map, divided into the mountain, piedmont, and coastal zones.





I like the colors and the curved piecing in the next quilt.



 Autumn begins today, and the next quilt reminds me of trees turning gold and yellow in the fall.



I love the bright colors and disappearing circles in the next quilt.




I took close-ups of some of the quilting motifs.  Very pretty!





I loved the next quilt so much, I almost snatched it off the wall.  It is by the same lady who sold me the doll cradle set at the quilt boutique.




The next quilt received an award for best use of color.  I did not quite agree.  It was very striking rand the piecing was beautiful, but the reds, gold and blues were a little too strong for me.




More next time...hope you are enjoying the show!

No comments: