Friday, August 8, 2014

The Traveling Day Lilies

It took me a long time to finish my art quilt, now titled The Traveling Day Lilies.


It is raw-edge appliqué stitched down with embroidery floss.  I quilted it with Superior metallic thread in green and a Valdani cotton in gold.  I added some miscellaneous beads to the stamens of the flowers.


Here is another detail shot.


I have entered this in the next PAQA-South quilt show to be held at the Page-Walker Arts and History Center in Cary this fall.

We have been traveling a lot.  Besides our mountain cabin, we have also been to Asheville for a weekend with family and friends.  Ten of us attended a concert at the Pisgah Brewing Company with Trampled By Turtles.  Funny name for a group of remarkable musicians who can pick QUICK!



Here is a new picture of my little grand baby, Charlie.  She is a joy.  I still babysit for her twice a week and also kept her last weekend.


This past week I have been to the National Teapot exhibit in Creedmoor, NC, and also to my old quilt bee, The Whacky Ladies.  More to come in future posts!



No comments: