Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rainy Weekend

Well, my team (NC State) came very close, but lost to Kansas Friday night.  That's okay...after six years of not even making it to the tournament, we are happy to have been in the Sweet Sixteen!  The Pack is Back!

Yesterday was totally gloomy and rainy.  Finally the rain let up a bit, and we hit the greenway.  Even Kasey did not want to set a paw in this muddy mess of water cascading over the rocks.


The sun came out while we were walking.  Beautiful!



I stopped in Raleigh at The Teach Me Store on Friday.  My grandson's birthday is coming up soon, and I love the selection of challenging books, puzzles, and toys at that store.  What a fun surprise to visit the restroom in the store and find happy, childlike artwork painted on the walls!



Speaking of artwork, I took another class with Steve Filarsky of Art Student Academy last week.  This time we painted pears on a windowsill.  Here is the collage photo from the class.  There were three home-school children in the class along with another adult and myself.


Here is a close-up of my painting.



I would like to work on this a bit more.  Meantime, I need to get out and pull some weeds.  The ground should be nice and soft after all that rain yesterday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your painting is great...I definitely see progression!