Tuesday, January 17, 2012

More Doodles

I got caught up on Week 3 of Traci Bautista's online workshop, "Doodles Unleashed."  It's part of the free online classes from Strathmore.  This week began with writing text in large letters with markers.  Then we made a juicy background painting with acrylics, and added stamps from found objects.  My found objects were a plastic lid and a spool, but I decided to stencil with my favorite fern stencil.  This piece was looking very tropical.  I like the colors and the way it glows!


A bonus activity this week is to fill a sheet of paper with India ink doodles using a paintbrush.  I have tried doodling with India ink and a Speedball pen before


but had not used a paintbrush until the first week's doodle lesson.  So, I made several sheets with various "theme" doodles.

Like my flowers?



How about stars?



A doodled alphabet?



Circles


Squares


Doodling is lots of fun.  These bold ink paintings will be cut up and used in collages or other mixed media projects.

Next week we will paint a face on the background we prepared.

No comments: