Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seashell-Themed Quilting

If any of you longarm quilters need a steady stream of business, try to hook up with a Stampin'-Up demonstrator.  Martha Armstrong in Zebulon likes to teach classes on making these die-cut flower quilts with the Big Shot die cut machine.  Then she sends them to me to get the tops quilted.  I got three more yesterday, and I just finished this one yesterday.   Sue's quilt featured seashells in the border fabric, and is to be used in a cabin cruiser as they travel the Intercoastal Waterway.  So, I figured out how to quilt in some seashell designs among the wavy water.


I practiced drawing them first on a piece of paper, then added them in to the larger areas of space on the background fabric.


I actually did separate designs in the borders this time, just because I felt like it. 


My favorite shell to seek on the beach is the sand dollar.  So, I had to add a few of those.


I got tired of making starfish and clams, so I tried a few crabs.



Today I am heading back to the North Raleigh Hilton for the trade show at Art of the Carolinas.  It was not open on Thursday when I took my first class.  I hear there will be demos and good sales.  After my watercolor class, I found out I need a round palette and an assortment of Winsor and Newton paints.  And some Yes paste. 

Later this afternoon, it will be Zentangles and Watercolors with Suzanne McNeill.  Can't wait!


No comments: