Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Great Mail Day

Yesterday, I felt very blessed.

I received two "prize" packages in the mail.

The first was my eagerly anticipated prize in The Pink Artist Drawing.

The package sent by Amber Dawn was wrapped in floral tissue with little sparkles of glitter. It was tied with an organza ribbon and a rosette. I should have snapped a picture, but I was too eager to see the Pink Charms bracelet.

I wonder how many hours of work is represented in this charm bracelet? Thank you to all the Pink Charms artist for donating a charm to add to this prize. Here they are in Amber Dawn's beautiful photographs with the Pink Artists identified.

I think I will keep this intact and show it off at my bees and guild for awhile. Then, I will probably use it as a source of beautiful little additions to other art quilts and gifts.

I feel very humbled!


Not only did my Pink Charms bracelet arrive, but also my prize for participating in the Breaking Traditions Art Quilt Exhibit. This was a nice little collection of artsy things like hand-made inchies and beads, some hand-painted fabric by fabulous fiber artist Virginia Spiegel, and a small package of Misty Fuse. I also won a special drawing prize that includes some gifts from Artgirlz, including charms and a wonderful little blank book with rainbow shades of handmade paper.


My other good news yesterday is the completion of my wooden floors! Yippee!

Now I have several new things to paint: the extension to a baseboard, and the ends of all the quarter-round molding. I am excited to be putting my rooms back together, cleaning off the dust, and enjoying the end result of all this remodeling.

3 comments:

Cathie said...

Christmas came early to the McBrayer house!

Vicki W said...

Wow - what a great mail day! The charm bracelet is awesome - now get back to work on the party preps!

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

my goodness, you are talented and lucky..