Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Etsy Art Purchases

By now, many of you are familiar with the big online auction site e-Bay, or a similar site serving as a yard sale for the whole world. But do you know about Etsy? It is e-Bay for artists! Everything for sale on Etsy is handmade.

I have never put any items for sale on Etsy, and until yesterday, had never purchased anything. But two of my favorite bloggers posted pictures of some of their creations, and I decided to claim them for chez McBrayer.

First, the delightful Fannie of Imagine, Create, Inspire posted this Rose Art Quilt on her July 25 blog post. The last sentence of the post was "This Rose is for you." I took her literally! The fact that my new sewing room is painted in peach and yellow may have influenced this purchase. But you know I love flowers, and I am also wanting to explore the use of Neocolor pastels.

The second Etsy purchase was from Violette Clark, who I have mentioned in this blog several times. Just use the "Search Blog" text box at the top of my blog and type in her name. I have been a fan since I first saw her artwork and funky home in Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine. I started visiting her website and blog after that, and saw these little head houses which she featured on her blog on July 23. Had to have one! I purchased the smaller one with the happier face.




My home features a lot of artwork, mainly consisting of my quilts and my father's paintings or prints and some pottery pieces. But why not become a collector? Now I have a good start. Don't forget this lovely piece that I just won from Wanda Hanson at Exuberant Color.
Now, have I started you on another way to procrastinate while you scope out some eye candy?

1 comment:

Cathie said...

Wow Jeanne - awesome purchases. Fannie is a wonderful artist and I love the little head houses!