Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tiny Art

This was a stay-in-Raleigh weekend for us.  Our mountain place got twelve inches or more of snow, so we did not travel up there.  We did some long-overdue tasks around the house, and I found two glass coasters someone had given me for a Christmas gift.  They had display windows to personalize, so I took time out to make title watercolor paintings.  Ten minutes, to be exact!

I made a small painting on a piece of scrap watercolor paper.  I just painted very quickly from memory of all our trips across the Christmas tree farms in the mountains.




Then I cropped two scenes out of the painting for the coasters. Each painting is just over two inches square.




This was really fun!  I might try to get some more of these coasters and make some more.



No comments: