Thursday, February 13, 2014

Not Armageddon...Just Raleigh

ABC-11 News


It started snowing in Raleigh yesterday afternoon.  It came down fast and piled up quickly.  Apparently, everyone left work at the same time...and this scene took place just five miles from my home.  If my husband had come home from work on the Interstate, his truck may have been abandoned next to all these other ones.

Once  he got home safely (taking more than two hours to go about ten miles) I was able to enjoy the afternoon.  

First it snowed for about four hours.



Everything got so pretty!

Then the ice started to fall.  It coated everything.  We woke to a winter wonderland.




This morning all was still...but this afternoon, giant snowflakes fell again, and it is still snowing now.




Charlie has been keeping the wood fire burning in the fireplace.  Kasey likes the snow, and is glad of her fur coat!


I made a bunch of Valentines for my kids and grandkids, but they are probably still sitting in the mailbox getting damp.  I picked up another old project from a Pamela Allen class and have been stitching on it in front of the fire.  A bright summer scene, LOL!


Hope you are warm and safe, wherever you are!










1 comment:

Jo C. said...

Jeanne, I've been getting a bunch done! Thsnkfuily the power didn't go out, but its a mess here in Chapel Hill. Staying in!