Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter weekend in the mountains

We had a very busy and fun weekend at our little mountain home last weekend. The weather was beautiful and warm Friday and Saturday. I even got a little sunburn as I sat outside stitching the Green Man!

Friday we had lunch in Boone with my father, two brothers, two sisters-in-law, niece, her hubby, and two kids! for my family that was just a mini-reunion, but it was fun to get together



My father and my husband



My brother John and me




Sister-in-law Debbie and brother Chris

It was a beautiful day to ride across the mountains from Boone to Laurel Springs, NC.



Charlie's big project for the weekend was mounting this giant antenna on the cabin to get a few network TV channels. That's why I was outside stitching- handing him things and hoping he did not fall off that big ladder!


We also planted fifty more Fraser fir Christmas trees and watered them. My daffodil bulbs have come up, and one was in bloom by Easter Sunday!


The beaver dam in the creek has broken up. Now the creek is diverted and there is a new
"deep end."

Here is a towering hemlock along our driveway, next to the pond.



2 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a beautiful place!

Cathie said...

Hi Jeanne!

Happy Easter. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday -- inspired by beauty all around you both by virtue of Mother Nature and your family.

I miss hearing from you - you've been a busy girl with your students. Hope you have been able to sneak in a little time to create. Have a great week!

Cathie