Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cut Flowers Continuing

Despite my trepidation about the online Think Like an Artist online workshop with Pamela Allen, apparently I passed Lesson One! Pamela says she PhotoShopped my piece and couldn't recommend any changes. Now I am stitching down the raw edges with three strands of embroidery floss. It looked like she used a blanket stitch in the photos. I did some of that, then actually scrolled farther down the page and saw that it was a ladder stitch. Much easier and quicker. I would say that I am about halfway finished or more.

I spent some time perusing Pamela Allen's work yesterday. I love her sense of humor and the whimsical folkiness of her quilts.

Long school day today: faculty meeting before school and a training meeting in another town after school until 6:00 PM. Oh, for my lolly-gagging days! I really wasted a lot of time before I went back to work. (And thoroughly enjoyed not even wearing a watch!)

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Hi Jeanne. It's been a while! I love your black and white piece - are you going to outline it in color - or in black or white? It would look cool outlined in a bright color. What a great class you are taking. Enjoy!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

We had a choice of adding a color or continuing the B&W only experiment. I have been using only black and white floss. Ran out of black tonight so my fingers are getting a break! Thanks for the positive reinforcement!