Friday, November 30, 2007

Projects, Projects

I finally finished the two Civil War quilts recently for my old college friend, Karen, who showed up at my door as a new customer. What fun it has been to catch up with each other! She looks great! We have led somewhat parallel lives as moms, grandmothers, and schoolteachers. Anyway, she loved her quilts. Here are some pictures:
I also am working hard to finish some of my own projects. Can't reveal pictures yet, but yesterday I used Tsukineko inks, Steam-A-Seam Lite fusible, Sulky Tear-Away stabilizer, and a number 8 machine needle with invisible thread on my Bernina. And some embroidery floss. Okay, I was doing raw-edge machine applique. It worked great with the tiny needle and a blind hem stitch. All I can say for now!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Beautiful quilts to quilt with the added bonus of reconnecting with a friend. Perfect!