Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fun With Lettering

I knew I would have some "sitting-around time" in Sarasota last week, so I downloaded two Joanne Sharpe videos from Interweave to play with.  I had brought along a small journal, some watercolor pencils, an Aquarelle water pen, a small watercolor palette, and a few black markers

Volume 1 deals with the elements of art.  Here are my attempts to work on the lessons.





Volume 2 deals with making coloring-book style letters that can be colored in with crayons, markers, pencils, paints, or whatever you like.

I like the floral doodles of my letter A.




The B is for Beach is probably my favorite.


 Butterflies used to form a letter C.


I have another one started but not colored yet.  It was fun to have something new, quick and not too hard to work on while playing the waiting game in Florida.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your drawings! Wouldn't they make great cards?
Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Mary and Dennis
From New Mexico