Saturday, November 8, 2014

Work in Progress: Reversible Baby Quilt

When I was at the Ashe County Piecemakers' Quilt Fair in West Jefferson, NC recently, I bought some fabrics to make baby quilts.  I got one top put together.

The black curvy borders are part of the printed fabric.  I just had to cut apart a cheater cloth panel, sew some big blocks together, and add the small inner border and the outer border with corner post.






I could not find a piece of fabric in my stash that I liked for the backing, but I had a package of 8-inch squares in black and brown prints that I won from some Internet give-away.  I decided to pull fabrics from my stash in coordinating colors and piece a colorful back.


We are in the mountains, but I have not gotten it quilted because my brother-in-law and my husband were framing in the basement, where my long arm machine is located.  They worked around it and all my stuff, and got a lot done.  It looks a mess, but a lot of progress was made.



This is going to be a bathroom with a bathtub/shower unit.  It will be nice to have a bathtub for when our toddler granddaughter is visiting.  Our other bathrooms just have showers.


It is nice up here this weekend.  Yesterday was very cold and windy, but today the wind laid down and I enjoyed a pretty afternoon walk along the creek.




I love seeing the reflections of sky and tress in the water.




Heading home tomorrow, but maybe I will be able to quilt the baby quilt before we go.

No comments: