Saturday, February 24, 2007

My First Blog Post

Welcome to my first blog posting! I hope to use this blog to publish my current quilting projects. I like to do bed-size quilts as well as smaller art quilts, even fabric postcards. Right now I am trying hard to finish three quilts for the Capital Quilters Guild show in Raleigh, NC on March 9-11. Last time our guild had a show, I swore I would not enter any "unfinished" projects. Did I follow this rule? No! I have to turn in the quilts on Friday. Two are finished, and I am sewing on the sleeve and label for the third this weekend. Dave and Emily's Wedding Quilt will be in the show. Since the theme of the show is Olde and New, I entered a quilt I finished for my sister-in-law. It was started by her grandmother in the 1970's, and I quilted it with lots of custom feathers.

Please refer to my Webshots page at http://community.webshots.com/user/quiltnc

1 comment:

Cathie said...

Hi Jeanne! It's Cathie R from our Bee. I absolutely love your blog. How excellent you are immersing yourself in the world of blogging -- it is a great way to share your wonderful art with others. Not only that -- it is very special for people like me to be able to see what you are doing and "how" you are doing it. You have such a special precious talent. Thank you for sharing it with me.
Cathie R