Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Transparency Studies

The Doodlewash watercolor prompt for today is "Transparent."  That was a great topic for me, as I have struggled with portraying clear glass.  I purchased a poster called "Painting the Illusion of Glass Vessels"  from Robert Burridge studios,  and spent the afternoon trying to follow his suggestions.



Transparency studies, Robert Burridge lessons
                                    
I was not wild about any of these studies, but one of my favorites was the martini glass.


Martini
 Here is a clear vase of bright flowers.


Flowers in clear vase
 And a clear glass of something clear.
Clear Glass

Clear Vase of Flowers 

I think I should practice doing a transparency study every day until I get the hang of it.  Great prompt!

We ended up with seven inches of snow yesterday, and the power off for seven hours.  Thankfully, it was restored before dark.  We had a nice Gator ride across the mountain in the snow.






This is our dog Kasey and my sister's dog Daisy enjoying the snow in their fur coats.



Our neighbor across the road has a couple of horses who came down to visit.


It is supposed to snow again tonight.  I am done with it...don't want any more!

No comments: