Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Amelie's Quilt-Finished!

Those snow days last week were very productive for me.

Amelie's Quilt has been mailed to California for my little great-niece.


I started this one a year ago at the Charity Sew-In day with the Whacky Ladies Bee.  Donna Sontag lets us meet in her shop, Whatever's Quilted, where she taught me to use her Accu-Quilt to make scads of 5-inch squares.  I used fabrics in lots of different widths to make rows, which I alternated with white sashing strips.  

The backing is a coordinating print, and I made a label from a novelty fabric with hummingbird hearts.


I still have to put the binding on the other quilt I made that day, which will be donated to charity.  It looks almost the same.

And for your daily dose of cute...here is my little granddaughter, Layla.  She is happy, even though her quilt is not finished yet!







No comments: