Sunday, May 22, 2016

Last Stop on the Amazing Race Art Journal Challenge...India!

I finally finished my journal page for the last country to "visit" on the Amazing Race art journal challenge on Facebook.  Last stop was India.

I had several ideas, but as I was browsing the Internet for ideas, I fell in love with elephant eyes.


I used painted and spattered with watercolor paint, then used Inktense pencils to work on some of the facial crevices and the eyes.  This was so much fun.  I love adding unexpected color to add an element of surprise to familiar objects.

Here is one more Bible page, this one from the very end in Revelations 22:2.


I embellished the tree of life a bit by having all of the twelve fruits (or thereabouts) ripening at the same time.  Watercolor background and Inktense pencils for the tree and fruit.



No comments: