Monday, October 28, 2013

End of Workshop and Mountain Stay

There was something a little different when I left the cabin for my last day of class in Boone...snow on the ground!  None on the roads, but there was plenty on the trees and hills.







On the last day of class we watched Fealing work some more on her demo portrait, and spent a lot of time critiquing the student work from the class.




When the workshop ended, I took a short drive to Blowing Rock, NC, to see the exhibits at the Blowing Rock Art and History Museum.  They were hosting the Watercolor Society of North Carolina 68th juried exhibit, as well as a special exhibit of Anerican Impressionists.


No photography was allowed, but there was a lovely portrait by one of the members of my class in the show- and it won a special award!  Congratulations, Jan Green!

The museum building had lots of carved wooden benches, even in the Ladies Room and the elevator!  I've never seen an elevator with a slate floor.


  There were nice gardens around the museum.


There were hand-painted rocks in the gardens with mountain scenes.


When I got home, my son and his family had arrived, along with two of my son's friends.  I will tell more about the weekend and also our trip to the First Annual Oktoberfest in Jefferson, NC.



No comments: